Blog Privacy

The implementation of new media in our society has put a burden on our privacy. It is very hard for me to not go a day without seeing an ad for something I searched for on one shopping website show up on a completely different one. It makes me think where my information is and who controls where it goes. If this person can see my personal information then anyone can.

Social media sites are very easy to lose privacy. Sometimes you can be very unaware that your location is on when you post a picture. Or the fact that Snapchat has a literal map of where you are if you do not block that function. Our acceptance for the standard of privacy has gotten lower and lower that eventually it might not exist. Even closing all your doors and windows will not work if you have even one profile on any social media site. Privacy is constantly being lost.

Comments

Popular Posts